Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Memories

One of my earliest childhood memories is sitting in the car with my sister Kelly and singing at the top of our lungs Sandi Patti's "Was it a morning like this?" As a child I loved the song, as an adult I love the man who inspired it.

As we got ready this morning I was humming this before I even realized what I was humming. As we rushed around, as Benjamin got squash all over the carpet, as we realized we might have thrown away Benjamin's shoes, As Payton protested wearing pants to church, I couldn't help but think...it was a morning just like this...Life was being lived at full throttle by so many who had no idea the greatest thing in the world had just occurred. HE HAD RISEN! ...and nothing would ever be the same again!

May The Giver of Life bless you and yours today!

"Was it a morning like this:
When the Son still hid from Jerusalem:
And Mary rose from her bed:
To tend the Lord she thought was dead.

Was it a morning like this: When Mary walked down from Jerusalem:
And two angels stood at the tomb:
Bearers of news she would hear soon

Did the grass sing?
Did the earth rejoice to feel You again?
Over and over like a trumpet underground,
Did the earth seem to pound he is risen?
Over and over in a never ending round,
He is risen hallelujah hallelujah

Was it a morning like this?
When Peter and John ran from Jerusalem,
And as they raced toward the tomb,
Beneath their feet was there a tune

Was it a morning like this?
When my Lord looked out on Jerusalem He is risen Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!

No comments: