Friday, March 10, 2006

Brothers

Payton has become obsessed with his hair. I took this picture to document for him that his hair looks great. He was not convinced. I have had to in the last week tell him we will only use gel once a day. I think this might be one of the hazards of being told how cute you are all the time. I finally told him sometimes a solution when you don't like your hair is to wear a hat. He said, " I love my hair, I just need it to look right." He then went and got a baseball hat that he wore when he was Benjamin's age...It did not fit back then. Payton got the Jeffrey head...needless to say, He will follow in his mothers (and uncles) footsteps and be special ordering his graduation cap.
Benjamin loves this car. This is where he has his daily quiet time. He will sit there for 30 minute watching the
dog, looking for planes, Singing "joy, joy, joy" (those are the only words he has so far but he does have the tune and it is precious) and just enjoying life. He is happy in this car...then we let Payton outside.
Anything that Benjamin enjoys Payton feels as if he can enhance it by ripping his shirt off, poking him, or just in general roughing him up.This is of course something we continue to work on...meanwhile Benjamin's pain tolerance continues to grow...as well as his ability to count it all joy.
This hat is making me smile...Perhaps Payton can single handedly bring back the beanie...
Here are the boys at their "goldfish picnic" They love eating outside...Don't worry they had all their servings of fruits and vegetables prior to this picture being taken! :)

7 comments:

Jenni said...

That is so cute! The boys will love that you documented all these memories!

Kelly Vaughn said...

I can't wait to show these to everyone here! I thank God for these precious boys so many times in a day! I know your days cannot help but be filled with so much joy and laughter! Have a great day in Baird!

Jenni said...

Hey Becky - thanks for your comment on my blog! I graduated in 1998, stayed for my master's degree and moved to Dallas in 1999. I've been lurking on your blog for a while now - I'm not sure how I got here - probably from Sam's or Murray & Jaime's. Hope you guys are enjoying the warm Texas weather this weekend!

jaime s said...

Those boys are the cutest!! I can't wait to see them again...especially since Payton is full of quotables!! I can't wait to hear what he has to say about Purray's daughter, Faith!!

Love you!

Jaime

April Spicer said...

Becky, your blog is great. I seriously love your thoughts, comments, and heart. You and Sam make me sad........that I don't get to see you more often. You have so much joy and appreciation for life. I would love to be around your encouraging personality more often. I think it would be hilarious to let Noah play with Payton and Benjamin. Noah is a little more cautious and observing. It would be hilarious to see Payton jump all over him. I know you guys are doing well. Hopefully the Lord will let us bump into eachother soon. :)

Lyndsey said...

Hey Beck,
Can't get over how cute these boys are. They're currently the featured players on my screensaver because my roomie is absolutely addicted to them. Love you!

Unknown said...

These boys just make me happy - like they are always up to something, but not really in a troublesome way!!! I have had all your family on my mind as I have been working on the new weblink. We have received photos and a wonderful "script" from Tori. Please pray as we get ready for our launch date of April 1. Kids in touch with kids, all around God's world - isn't that awesome! Love you so much! Mindy